Friday, September 21, 2012

Belated Birthday/Burd-day Bash

On my (3 x 10) + (1x10) + (6 x 1)-th birthday, my husband, my daughter, and I had a quiet dinner at a Mexican/Thai fusion "bistro".  My daughter's expression reveals how challenging it is for her to finish (chicken spicy noodles) what was on her plate.   I ate only a half of my "Pad Thai Tofu" burrito.  Two "take home" containers were used that evening.


A Plate-Ful


I just received the following photos (except for the Burda Style diagrams, the black and white one, and the outdoor one) via email from my sister-in-law. They were taken a week ago at my parents' home.  They threw me a little but big-hearted belated birthday bash three days after my birthday (9/13).

 Happy (4x10)+(6x1)-th Burd-Day


This is the technically the first time I wore this dress that I sewed nearly two months ago (from pattern #119 found in Burda Style, June 2012). My previous post contains my review of this pattern.   I am still hesitant about the late 1980's/early 1990's style. Much to my surprise, my sister-in-law truly liked the dress.  She prefers trendy and youthful looking clothes (she is in her early 30's).

"Aphrodite Dress" from Burda Style, June 2012

Going through my "flickr favorites', I discovered this photo with similar looking shoulders. I am not sure they have gussets.
70s Style (12)



Heather and my sister-in-law strategically placed 6 candles and 4 candles (representing the 10's) on a tiramisu cake.
Happy (4x10)+(6x1)-th Burd-Day


I hid (via photo crop) my embarrassing expression of frustration while blowing the lit candles again after they repeatedly "came back to life".  Heather giggled during the entire episode.
Happy Burd-Day


Nearly ready to cut the delectable tiramisu cake. I felt as if I gained back the 8 lbs I lost after eating one slice.
Happy Burd-Day


Have a tree-rific day!
Wheel-er Teal-er

8 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday! You could have used harder math, ya know ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!!! :))

    I love the dress! I think it's fabulous! And the 80s are coming back in a big way. You are right on trend! ;)

    I always love your fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy birthday to a very lovely lady!! Wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Your birthday dress looks absolutely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely gonna enjoy your blog! I love DIY stuff! stopping through from the TGIF Blog Hop (late I know! =) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy [late] birthdaY.. Love this dress.Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous dress I love the fabric! Looks amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Anonymous comments will be moderated and spam comments will be discarded and not published. Leave a name, if you do not have a blogger ID.